Saturday, February 23, 2008

Viva la Romantic

Is it just me or is the idea of romance as I thought I knew it almost completely dead? I am starting to feel like the whole world is living in this new era of defined companionship and I am just not a part. This morning I indulged myself in Notorious, an old Alfred Hitchcock film starring Cary Grant. Its all part of Turner Classic Movies (TCM) 31 days of Oscar, a tribute to Oscar nominated films and also known as some the best 31 days of my life. For the past month I have watched movies from almost every era so its has been easy to observe the interaction between men and women and the transformation over the decades. While women have since grown stronger, more independent, and waistlines larger than an eighteen inch circumference, the idea of romance still lingers. For some like myself, it lingers very heavily in the weight of daily life. It governs my attire, my mannerisms, my view of the world. and dare I say, my expectations of those in it. Often disappointed by the watered down and lack-luster approach that has come to replace traditional romance, some may say that I am simply living with my head in the clouds. Be that as it may, there are several of us out there, all floating above realism in search of fairy tale romanticism. This is a collection is for us. May there be one less disappointment but rather a meeting in the clouds for us share fantastically wonderful romantic expressions. Underground Love Story coming Fall 2008...Viva la Romantic!

No comments: